- Monday, 06 April 2015
3.0 Coverage Under the EIS
Any employer with one (1) or more employees is eligible to register under the EIS. Thus any worker employed with that employer is elegible for coverage under the EIS.
3.1 Coverage Under the NPS
Any employer with one or more employees is eligible to register under the NPS. Thus any worker employed with that employer is eligible for coverage under the NPS.
Employer Name Number of Employees Coverage Eligibility & Payment Liability Broad Street Fabrics 1 EIS & NPS Reliable Janitorial Services 7 EIS & NPS
3.2 Persons not Covered Under the EIS & NPS
The President of Liberia, the Vice President of Liberia; the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Liberia; Associate Justices of the Supreme Court, the President Pro-Tempore of the Liberian Senate; the Speaker of the House of Representatives; Members of the Legislature; and Members od the Liberian Cabinet.
- Members of the Arm Forces including the Police and paramilitary organizations.
- Members of any military forces of any country other than Liberia
- Members of the employer's family dwelling in his/her house.
- Wives working for their husbands
- Domestic servants
- Persons employed on board vessels, ships, boats, or canoes, etc.
3.3 Why these persons not covered?
Answer: There are special pension plans and life insurance policies for those government officials and other who are not covered by NPS and EIS. Some of these individuals are extremely high risk employees and they perform their jobs under conditions that are difficult to monitor and for which to provide insurance.
3.4 Persons also not Eligible for Coverage under the NPS
The following categories of persons are not covered under the NPS:
- Persons born before September 1, 1954
- Persons under the age of 16 or above the age of 65; and
- Persons who earn less than 50 Liberian dollars monthly from a job.