- Tuesday, 24 March 2015
The Employee Injury Scheme (EIS) is a social insurance scheme aimed at providing benefits to the injured or disabled insured employee, where such injury or disability arises from job-related accident or occupational disease. Benefits are also paid to survivors of deceased insured employees who meet their demise as a result of job-related accidents and/or other employees who are covered by this scheme.
Benefits under the EIS
1. Disablement Benefits
a. Temporary Disablement Benefit (TDB) - With this benefit, the insured person receives a defined percentage of his/her monthly remuneration for the duration of the temporary disablement. The benefit shall be paid for as long as the disablement last. The calculation is based on days.
b. Permanent Disablement Benefit (PDB) - if permanent disablement is assessed at 100%, the insured person receives an amount which is a percentage of his/her monthly remuneration paid in a monthly pension manner for life. If the disablement is permanent but assessed at less then 100%, the benefit will be payable at a lesser rate than an assessment at 100%.
2. Death Benefit - this is payable to the widow of the deceased insured employee for life or till remarriage while children are entitled to the same till they attain age 18 or 21(if continuing education). in case there's no widow or child, the benefit is paid to a parent or grandparent for life. The rate is a specified percentage of the deceased's monthly earnings.
3. Constant Attendance Allowance (CAA) - This benefit is available if an insured person who is entitled to a PDB is so severely incapacitated as to constantly require the personal attendance of another person. The CAA is a specified percentage of the PDB paid to the disabled person as long as the PDB remains severe.
4. Funeral Grant -This is a lump sum given to the person who incurs funeral expenses. One receives Funeral Grant when the death occurs in the line of duty.
5. Medical Care/Benefit - This benefit is awarded immediately following a job-related accident. Medical care consist of out-patient and in-patient treatment, all necessary drugs and dressings, pathological and radiological investigations, specialist consultation and care which are provided at recognized hospitals and clinics.
Procedures in Filling Cases
Every job related accident or injury is reported to the respective Regional Offices or employers of the insured employee(s) who in turn submit the accident report to the Regional Office within a time frame of forty-eight (48) hours approximately two (2) days commencing from the day of the accident or injury in accordance with NASSCORP Regulations / Guidelines. In order to file any employment injury case, the following steps are taken into considerations:
- Insured employee reports injury case or accident to the employer or Regional Office;
- Insured employee obtains police report in case of motor accident or
- Insured employee obtains eyewitness statement in case of industrial accident or injury;
- Insured employee submits two color passport size photos;
- Employer files an accident claims on Form B-26 to the Regional Office within 48 hours;
- Employer prepares Form C-1 bearing the earnings history of the injured insured employee;
- Employer compiles all relevant documents and submits to the Regional Office for processing.
- Popular News
- Annual Reports
NASSCORP End of Year Program - 2015
The 2015 retirement and honoring program of the National Social…
NASSCORP Board Members Tours Housing Units in Jah Tondo Town
Members of the Committee on Investment Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)…
Coalition of Caregivers Lauds NASSCORP
The coalition of Caregivers and Advocates for the Elderly in…
Liberia Institute of Pubic Administration (LIPA) Graduates Nine (9) Employees of NASSCORP
The Liberia Institute of Public Administration last Friday held its…
2014 Annual Report
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY The Executive Summary of the 2014 Annual Report…
2013 Annual Report
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY The Executive Summary of the 2013 Annual Report…
2012 Annual Report
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY In adherence to the Institution's statute, the Management…
2011 Annual Report
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY This Annual report covers the period January 1…